Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Gift for the Teacher

Submission from SuddenGifts

I taught first grade in downtown Manhattan and this year I had a fairly challenging class...some real attention seeking, high maintenance kids. I tried to keep my frustration from showing, but some days they just got to me! So one day around Halloween, I was lining the class up to take them to the gym. My desk was near the back of the room where they were lining up and as we were leaving, I picked up a piece of chocolate a friend had given to me and told a few of the girls at the back of the line I was really going to enjoy that chocolate in peace and quiet while they were at gym. The next day, two of the little girls brought me bags of chocolate! They said that now I would have some chocolate to enjoy in peace and quiet every time the kids drove me nuts!

No comments: